Chicago Counseling Center accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO, Blue Choice PPO, and Aetna PPO/POS insurance plans. For all other insurance plans we would be an “out-of-network” provider, but it is still possible to have our services covered. You can ask your insurance company if they reimburse for out-of-network providers; if so, we can provide you with receipts for your payments for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
For BCBS and Aetna subscribers, it is still in your best interest to contact your insurance company prior to your first session to verify that you have coverage. Every plan is different and it is important for you to get specific details regarding your coverage. Here are some helpful questions to ask your insurance company:
(1) Does my plan cover either “Mental Health Benefits” or “Behavioral Health Benefits?”
(2) Is there a limit on the number of outpatient therapy visits covered? If so, how many?
(3) Am I responsible for a co-pay or a certain share of the cost per session? If so, what is that amount?
(4) Is a pre-authorization required before I begin sessions? If so, how do I obtain that?
(5) Does my plan cover “telehealth” sessions? (online video sessions)
Chicago Counseling Center accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover for co-pays and other payments.
Current rates are $160 per 55-minute session; $175 per 70-minute session; $220 per 90-minute session (available on a limited basis)
These are very competitive rates compared to the majority of counseling practices in the greater Chicago area.
If you have additional questions related to insurance verification and coverage, please contact our Practice Manager, Christina Perez, at (773)932-9597 ext. 5 or at firstname.lastname@example.org